Why is conservation important? How can we conserve biodiversity and wildlife species?
- Conservation helps prevent organisms and habitats being lost.
- Protection is the best approach to conservation, preventing over-hunting and habitat destruction.
- In cases where animal numbers are low, captive breeding can help increase the population.
- To protect against furture extinction, living libraries of DNA bonds and plant seeds have been collated.
- The destruction of world ecosystems will eventually affect all life on Earth.
Many species on Earth are endangered from tigers and whales, to insects and plants that support whole ecosystems.
If we're to stop them disappearing forever, we need to act fast.
Conservation means preventing organisms and habitats from being lost.
There are a number of approaches, but all face difficult challenges.
Captive breeding is ...
Please log in to view and download the complete transcript.