- These Terms set out the basis upon which we make this website available to you by whatever access means.
- By using this website you will be deemed to have agreed to these Terms. We may change these Terms from time to time.
- This website is operated by Twig Education Limited. Our registered company number is 06719651. Our registered address is One London Wall, London, EC2Y 5AB. Our VAT number is 974 9577 46.
- If you have any questions please email us at email@example.com or write to us at our main business address: Twig Education Limited, 4th Floor, 14 North Claremont Street, Glasgow, G3 7LE
Access and registration
- You must obtain, and pay for, all telecommunications services, computer equipment and software necessary to connect to and use this website. We do not provide such services, equipment or software and you will need to obtain these from other suppliers. We do not have any control over, or responsibility for, such suppliers.
- We may issue you with a username, password and/or other access control for this website or certain parts of it (together, referred to as passwords). These are for your personal use only. You must not tell them to anyone else or allow anyone else to use them. You must not use anyone else's passwords. You must tell us if you think your passwords are no longer confidential. If you do, or if we believe it to be necessary, we may issue you with replacement passwords.
- Maintaining the security and integrity of the website is necessary to enable all our users to use it safely and effectively. You agree not to abuse the access/registration process.
Contents of the website
- This website features a wide range of text, photographs, sound recordings, videos, software, data and other content of all forms which we and/or our suppliers provide (together referred to as website content) which we want you to be able to enjoy in a fair and reasonable way.
- The website content is protected by copyright, trade mark rights, database rights and other intellectual property and related rights which are owned by us and/or our suppliers. You may access this website and view the website content on-screen and, where permitted by this website, print out a reasonable number of copies of parts of the website content, as long as this is for your own private and non-commercial purposes only.
- For certain website content, e.g. where payment is necessary or where our suppliers have required it, separate and/or additional usage terms may apply. These will be marked on the relevant area of this website where you will be given the opportunity to review and agree to them.
- You must not, nor try to, make mass, automated or systematic extractions of the website content, or use it to create or include it within another paper or electronic database, or try to re-sell it or re-distribute it. We reserve the right to prohibit or restrict the way in which other websites link to or frame or re-present any of the website content.
- Decompiling, reverse engineering, disassembling, or otherwise reducing the code used in any software on this Website into a readable form in order to examine the construction of such software is prohibited except to the extent permitted by law. If you need information on the relevant law contact us or your local consumer advisor.
- If you have any questions about what your may or may not do with the website content or use the website generally please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The content of the website may include descriptions of certain practical and/or scientific experiments for schools. Please note that all our experiments shown on the website are carried out by experienced demonstrators in a controlled environment, under the guidance of qualified teachers and school technicians. Should you choose to conduct any such experiment at your school, you do so at your own risk. It is your responsibility to ensure that all experiments are carried out under your school’s health and safety policy and that all teachers undertaking any such practical demonstrations are responsible for carrying out risk assessments according to the health and safety policy of their school and education authority.
- We reserve any other uses of, and rights in, the website content on behalf of both us and our suppliers, so you must obtain our prior written permission for these. We may not always be able to give our consent but to make such a request please contact us at email@example.com.
- This website features content which we believe is relevant to the subjects covered and suitable for use in schools. There may be cultural sensitivities in certain countries that make the use of some of this content inappropriate.
- We provide the functionality for subscribers to block and unblock any films that they deem unsuitable. If you would like help to block and unblock content go to Blocking films.
- The responsibility for ensuring that materials are suitable for end-users and are available to view is that of the subscriber.
- Twig Education Ltd takes no responsibility for the cultural appropriateness or otherwise of the content on our site.
- The website content is provided for informational purposes only.
- Please note that the website will not be available at all times. It will be inaccessible during regular maintenance periods and it may from time to time be subject to emergency maintenance or be unavailable for other technical reasons. Like all software based services the website cannot be promised to be free from errors or bugs. We will however use reasonable care and skill in fixing any problems once we become aware of them.
- Although we take reasonable care with our website content we cannot check every item or promise that typos or errors will never appear on the website. Unlike traditional physical media, the website is a dynamic environment with regular changes and therefore inaccuracies may occur from time to time. Please double-check any specific information or instruction with us or a third party if you are in doubt.
- We recommend that you apply particular caution when using content created by users.
- PLEASE BEAR THE ABOVE IN MIND WHEN USING THE WEBSITE. IF YOU ARE UNCLEAR ABOUT ANYTHING THAT APPEARS ON THE WEBSITE, OR THINK THERE MAY BE AN ERROR, PLEASE CONTACT US AT firstname.lastname@example.org
- We shall not be liable and shall not compensate you for any loss or damage you may suffer unless we have failed to carry out our obligations under these Terms to a reasonable standard or breached any duties imposed on us by law, including if we have caused death or personal injury by our negligence, and that failure is not attributed to: (a) your own fault, for example your failure to implement recommendations previously advised by us; (b) a third party unconnected with our performance of this agreement, for instance problems due to communications network performance, congestion, and connectivity or the performance of your computer equipment; or (c) any other events which neither we nor our suppliers could have foreseen or forestalled even if we or they had taken reasonable care.
- Accordingly, we will not be responsible for loss of or damage to your computer hardware or software or other personal property or any other losses which you suffer as a result of the content of the website, including content on experiments, unless this is due to our neglect or failure to take reasonable precautions and such losses are reasonably foreseeable. We strongly recommend that you (a) take care to verify the suitability and compatibility of your computer system prior to use; and (b) take reasonable precautions to protect yourself against harmful programs or devices including through installation of anti-virus software.
- As this is an educational website we shall not in any event be liable for losses related to any business such as lost data, lost profits or business interruption.
- If you wish to terminate your registration for any part of this website at any time please contact us at email@example.com.
- Unless you and we agree otherwise, e.g. as part of any subscription arrangement, to which separate terms shall apply, we may terminate the provision of this website to you at any time. We shall try to give you prior notice if we do but this may not always be possible.
- If you are in breach of these Terms, or we have reasonable grounds to believe that you are, we may suspend and/or terminate your access to this website without prior notice.
- If you are in breach of these Terms and we do not take any action against you, we may still take action against you later or if you breach the same term on another occasion or if you breach a different term.
- If any provision of these Terms is, for any reason, held to be unenforceable, illegal or invalid in some other way, the unenforceable, illegal or invalid provision will not affect the remainder of these Terms and they will continue in full force and effect.
- These Terms are governed by relevant UK law and you and we agree to only bring legal actions about these Terms in a UK court. We will try to solve any disagreements quickly and efficiently. If you are not happy with the way we deal with any disagreement you and we may agree to refer the matter to arbitration but you and we are not restricted from bringing court proceedings.
- We intend to rely upon the written terms set out in these Terms, as amended in accordance with paragraph 1 above, and the documents referred to in it, as the entire understanding between us relating to your use of the website. If you and we agree any changes, please make sure that you request that these are confirmed in writing. That way we can avoid any problems surrounding what we or you are expected to do in relation to your order.
- Only you or us have the right to enforce any provision under these Terms.
Please also see Twig's anti-corruption and bribery policy.